The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Programme - an evolving, globally relevant educational opportunity.
The IGCSE Programme is administered by the University Of Cambridge Assessment International Examinations (CAIE). The IGCSE Programme is recognized world-wide; with over 9000 schools in 160 countries offering the Cambridge qualifications. The IGCSE has always emphasized adding value within a national context whilst also contributing to internationalism. The focus is on safeguarding distinctive cultural identity through specific language and literature syllabi, whilst also encouraging an international outlook. Thus, the importance of an appropriate mix of global and local contexts is well recognized as an essential dimension of IGCSE.
IGCSE Key Features of the Programme
- Provides an ideal foundation for higher-level courses such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, 'A' Levels and the North American APT (Advanced Placement Test);
- Has worldwide recognition and is equivalent to the Certificate of Secondary Education from Indian education boards, General Certificate of Secondary Education, and 'O' Level;
- Offers syllabi which reflect local economies and cultures within a global context, hence ensuring that students gain a wide perspective while recognizing and valuing their own environment;
- Develops key learning, problem-solving and investigative skills by encouraging an active, critical and questioning approach to study;
- Ensures a broad-based education, while encouraging a degree of choice.
IGCSE LEARNER ATTRIBUTES
- Confident in working with information and ideas - their own and those of others
- Responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others
- Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
- Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
- Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference
- Subject content
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual enquiry
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness.
The Cambridge System emphasises practical application of theoretical knowledge and students learn by doing or experiencing what they learn. As a result, the understanding of subjects is not just limited to the pages of textbooks but is a part of everyday life.
For more details about the IGCSE programme, visit: www.cambridgeinternational.org
The IGCSE Curriculum in ISG
ISG aims to offer an education that comprises of
- Mathematical and Logical Reasoning.
- Reading and Writing Skills.
- Physical Co-Ordination.
- Leadership Qualities.
- Communication and Comprehension Skills.
- Imaginative and Analytical Thinking.
- Literary and Poetic Expression.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Independent Thinking Skills.